Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tanti Auguri a... ME!‏ / Happy Birthday Katie!!!!

 Sis. Morley and Katie
Comp is from Lone peak High School
Katie and Heather
Heather made upside down Spaghetti for me!
Happy Birthday Kates!
 Katie making a "Black Cow"

 Katie and Sis. Morley


TEAM!! 

What the goodness you are sooooooooooo wonderful!! YOU MADE MY BIRTHDAY AWESOME!!The only thing that would have made it better is if you all could have apparated here for the day!!! Mom you are the greatest thing ever!! And I need to thank everyone that e-mailed me! Nothing like opening your email as a missionary and seeing it full! I officially have the best friends and family ever!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Yesterday was for sure a fun day!! My comp woke up feeling terribly sick... boo. But I made us birthday crepes because that was a must. Then we went out and worked the morning and got a cancelation and lots of doors shut in our face. Best day. THEN we went to Heathers! Mom you sly dog!! I couldn't believe it!! I knew immediately when I saw what she made it was upside down spaghetti!! We had brown cows, and ceasar salad too! And she made me a chocolate chip pumpkin cake which was just bliss cuz pumpkin does not exist here! Heather is officially an angel and my family here and mom thank you soooo much for being her partner in crime to make my Birthday soooo blissful!! By the time we got done with lunch Slla Morley was not doing good so we went home and called Slla Wolfgramm and ended up having to let her rest. So we were inside until the night when we went and taught enlish class. They sang happy birthday to me in English... darling especially when it sounds like "Hoppy birfday tew yew"  when they sing! I loved it! Then we finished the night by stopping by Pizza Love. They had made me a pizza and then as we were getting ready to head home.... Silvia whops out a nutella crostata with 22 on it that she had made for me!!! They are the best!!!!! All in all it was a wonderful birthday!! I felt soooo loved and blessed and lucky and to top it off I was a missionary! Today we are going to do some more celebrating, shopping, gelato, the works! I am excited! Things are going good here! Miracle of the week: Yamilka. I don't know if you remember her but we were working with her for ages and she was't progressing at all because she wouldn't read the Book of Mormon or Pray. Well Saturday we go to see her. We have this incredible lesson where she tells us that she will get baptized as soon as she gets an answer from Heavenly Father and her asking us what she can do to get that answer. I am like PRAY AND READ!!! So we even set a baptism date with her! Aug. 10th! THEN we went back monday... SHE HAD READ!! For the first time ever!!! AND SHE SAID THE CLOSING PRAYER!!! For the first time ever!!! It was so neat! I am excited for her because I just KNOW that the gospel is what she needs. She has spent her whole life looking for the truth and I know if she keeps praying and reading she'll get her answer! We are still teaching and looking and will finally get to see Veronica again tomorrow. Last week we couldn't cuz she got called into work. But I am excited to see her again. I got the ward package this week! Soo fun and I got letters from Grandma and Siera's announcment! Yay for their wedding.Grandma sent me a letter about reasons why we serve a mission. There are 3 categories: Fear, Duty, and Love. It really hit me. I know that I want to make sure that I am here serving because I love these people. I really do love them. I think sometimes it's hard to get past the duty area, hard to get past the idea that I am knocking doors cuz I have been called to and remember that I am knocking doors because I know that there are people behind them that absolutely NEED this gospel. I want to make sure that for the rest of my mission I serve like that. I do love the Italians. I love the africans, romanians, cubans, south americans.... every single person I have had the chance to meet here. I know that Heavenly Father loves them. He loves us. The Savior Loves us. He is the perfect example of love. I know that he died for each person I meet and although they might not know it, or appreciate it... that's why I am here. To let them know that they can find peace, relief and comfort if they just go to him. I love being a missionary. Even in the hot, the hard, and the heartache. Its so worth it. Thats why we have to serve missions. So people can understand the atonement! Well guys this has been a fun week! We recieved transfer news... I am staying another transfer here in Verona with Sorella Morley! I am soo happy cuz Verona is my Home now :)! I love you all and thank you will ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL my heart for what you did for me! I miss you! 
Have a great week okay! 
Love you,
Slla Kate 


No comments:

Post a Comment