Sunday, August 26, 2012

Life's what you make it... and the Gospel makes it wonderful!‏


Allora! Famiglia Mia!
 
Ciao tutti belli e brutti! It is I again. One more week has passed and it seems like 2 seconds ago I was writing you! The weeks are flying and we are staying busy! The days are... HOT!!! I mean drippingly hot! We for sure continue to look like beasts but at least we run into nice people that still tell us we are molto carine (very cute!) We have been biking an unusually large amount because we have some people that live outside of Verona... I love it! I decided that first thing I want when I get back is not a phone or computer, but a BIKE! Me and you pops... we can become bike fools! And all who want to join us! I just want a matching outfit like dad has too!
 
This week have continued our finding work as usual! We are certainly trying to be FOREVER FINDERS and share the gospel WHEREVER WE ARE! We have been trying out a new technique for the past week that we learned at zone conference... it's called Whiteboarding. Basically we write a yes or no question on a whiteboard and walk up to people and ask them what they think. Well it is WONDERFUL! The thing is it gets people talking! We have been using this question lately "Can marriage continue after death?" It is amazing. We get yes's and no's but the wonderful thing is that it gives us a chance to talk about the importance of family and to talk about the plan of salvation and the temple.
 
We actually had a miracle doing this! We saw a woman with her kids in the park and decided to go and ask her what she thought. She immediately said yes. When we asked why she said "Because I am married, my family is the most important thing in my life, and I don't think it ends here!" After talking to so many people that just say no or have no hope it was a breath of fresh air! She is sooo awesome! We talked to her for a while and she just is soooo good! Already living so many principles of the gospel and everything and LOVES her kids. Well the story continues. We got her number and called her back and had an appointment yesterday. We met her in the park and when we got there, there was an old lady sitting on the bench next to Rita. I thought they were friends or something but turns out no. Well we started teaching the resto anyway to both of them. Well this old lady was a bit... over the top. She kept talking, telling crazy stories, and by the end of our lesson she said "You guys have talked forever and I don't understand a thing!" Then she started saying some rought things. Here is the Amazing part. RITA just stands up for us! She turns to the lady and says... "Haven't you been listening! They are trying to help people change, trying to help them be happy. The Book they have (the Book of Mormon) is magic. It does this for people. I think you just need to open your mind and listen to them!" Sorella Morely and I were just in shock. Well the old lady didn't really love that so she decided to leave. We turned back to Rita, and she just told us she felt it. She felt it was right- She said "You know what... that lady felt it too... and then she fought against it!". She told us that she wanted to know more about the fact that we have a Prophet, what he says to us, More about the temple and that she will read the Book of Mormon! We showed her a picture of the temple and said it was being built in Rome.... She just stopped and looked at us. She said... "I told my husband the other morning that I wanted to go to Rome. I have never wanted to go to rome... I have never been there and I am Italian. But just this week I have been talking to him about how we need to go to rome and I don't know why. Then you just said that the temple is being built there... That's crazy!" 
 
Needless to say the whole experience was insane! She has 2 beautiful kids... 14 and 12 and they are just awesome! I love her and them Already. I just was filled with desire to tell them everything I knew so that they could become an eternal family! Seriously... life is hard. Rita admitted that, but she said she knew it can be good if we do what is right. It is true! How many times does the Book of Mormon say it. Obedience brings happiness. The gospel brings happiness... the kind that LASTS FOREVER!! I am sooooo grateful for eternal families! I am so grateful for this knowlege! I love you my family! 
 
Wowzer! (hope that makes sense I was writting at mock 90!) That was a huge miracle for us and an amazing experience! Man... I still haven't even written about Yamilka! Her baptism is set for the 10th and we are doing all we can to get her ready! She has been taught everything, and is praying and reading and changing. She wants to feel her answer and says she hasn't felt it yet. But we are praying and working and we are seeing miracles right and left. She is wonderful and I know the gospel will change her life. It just does that to people ;)
 
Last thought of this Novel I have written today.... Today I was readying in Moroni 8. Amazing Chapter. We learn about three very important things: Faith, Hope, and Charity. It is amazing how they are so interconnected. You can't have faith without bringing yourself hope too. And when you have faith and thus hope you can be filled with Charity, the pure love of Christ. I know this is true! I just can't tell you how much my testimony has grow about Hope and Happiness. The Gospel and the precious truths contained in it bring HOPE and HAPPINESS. We meet soooo many people who have lost that. Thats why they need this so much. I know its the only way to TRULY be happy!
 
We are soo blessed my family! I love you all and hope everything is wonderful! Jose... ROck the play! I can't believe I am missing another one! But don't worry I'll be there when you go to broadway! Jake... get better bud! I shall mail you some gelato if you get your tonsils out! Sabrines and ems... I love you and hope you are basking in fun with Tamara and Tiana!
 
Love you all and have a good week!
Slla Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment