Sunday, August 26, 2012

A slice of Humble Pie‏

My bellissima Famiglia! I miss you!! 

Guys, the summer is finishing!! I cannot believe it! Today is a festa here in Italy and thus everything is... quite. The entire city went to the beach I am pretty positive! ;) 

Guys this week has been... quite unreal. I have never been so humbled in my entire life. Wednesday night we had a terrible lesson with Yamilka. She found out that we participate in Politics and went off saying she couldn't believe we are involved in something so corrupt. We tried to explain that the church doesn't control our choices and that we participate to try and make a difference, and that we are told to live in the world but not be of it. She wouldn't hear it. She just kept going and going, until I... with a very strong voice just told her to STOP! We then bore our testimonies and explained that although we didn't know everything we knew this was TRUE. That this was the Church of Jesus Christ restored on the earth. That the Book of Mormon is true. We had an appointment for friday but find out she went to austria and thus was not baptized this week. With all of this it sorta felt like the world was falling down. I can say this... I have never been so humbled in my entire life. 

I think that one of the biggest lessons you learn on the mission is Humility. Wednesday night all I could do was hit my kneels and talk to Heavenly Father. I can say this. I still don't understand exactly why everything fell through, but I do know this- Heavenly Father listens to our prayers, he cares about us and wants us to be happy. The Atonement is REAL. I am sooo grateful for the chance we have to repent, the chance we have to get help and strength above our own. I just can't imagine my life without the atonement, because you just cannot make it without it. I think that I really needed to learn that ONLY by relying 100% on Heavenly Father can you do missionary work, and make it in life. 

Today while reading the Book of Mormon I read 1 Nephi 17:3-

And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and astrengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did bprovide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.

Think about our lives... Heavenly Father nourishes us and strengthens us so we can do what he has asked us to do. He always Provides for us. In his time, but everything he has promised us MUST BE FULFILLED. I loved that it was perfect! 

Friday we had interviews. It was great! I love having the chance to learn so much as missionaries. My President and his wife are incredible. It was neat getting to talk to him, and Sorella Wolfgramm is just amazing. She talked to us about putting Christ in the Center of our lives. Making him our focus and that when we do that everything falls into place! 

So we started applying that and we have really seen miracles! Seriously, one minute we are like AHHH! Everything is falling apart and then the next, Miracles. Sunday for example, I am just in the chapel saying hi to people and in walks one of our Less Actives. We have been writing her letters and Dropping them off in her mailbox almost everyday for the past 6 months. And there she was in the Church. I ABOUT DIED!!! My heart was bursting... seriously! She is the most incredible woman, but just NEVER comes... and she came!!! 

Then the past 2 days we have had the chance to meet some really wonderful people. Monday we stopped a woman who told us, "I feel like I have made so many mistakes, I just have lost my faith." We immediately talked to her about the hope of the Gospel, and she said "Maybe this is what I need to get me past this wall I feel like is in front of me!" MIRACLES 

Transfers are next week. Its going to be hard!!! President alluded to the fact that I am probably leaving since I have been here for 5 transfers. But man... Verona is my home now!! I know for sure my heart is just going to break because I love these people soo sooo much! We will see what happens! 

I miss you all so much! I want you to know that even when things get tough, I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I am soooo grateful for EVERYTHING Heavenly Father has blessed me with... most importantly YOU GUYS!!! YOU are incredible! LOVE YOU times 50 gazillion! 

Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment