Friday, August 26, 2011

What? 5 weeks? How'd that happen!!!

Family,
Goodness gracious I cannot believe I am starting my 6th week here! 5 weeks down... 3 weeks and 6 days to go before Italy (that sounds so much better than 4 weeks). Needless to say we are all getting ridiculously excited to go to ITALY!! yahoo!! Well what a lovely week it has been here at the MTC. Since last wednesday we got 2 new districts of Portugese Elders. I still went to the "Meet the Branch Presidency Meeting" even though there were no girls there... It was so much fun! The Zone leaders and I have a great time demonstrating how to be exellent missionaries (since we are SO experienced :)) and I always give the pep talk cuz I'm the sister and apparently that's what sisters do best! I really love doing it! Seeing new missionaries come in is the best! I decided I TOTALLY want to work at the MTC after my mission... or maybe just be a missionary for life... haven't quite decided!
Sunday my dear roommate Grettypants aka Greta did a special muscial number on the cello in Relief soceity. IT WAS PURE BLISS!! She did such an amaing job! I was sooooooo times a million.... proud of her! She played "Nearer My God to thee" and it was amazing! I just thought I'd give her a little shout out... even though I get to see her everyday... and just let all you peeps who love her as much as I do know how awesome she is! We get to bear our testimonies to each other a ton to practice... she in spanish, me in Italian and we can sorta understand each other!
Alright, so my musical abilities have just bursted here at the MTC. Since no one in our branch minus the 3 other sisters can really sing, we have to get creative on our musical numbers. Guess who sang, yes I repeat, SANG in sacrament meeting this week??? ME! What yes! I sang with 2 other elders and sister Rust. We did "the Spirit of God" with a bit of a special arrangement. Oh yeah... my siblings while you are rockin' it on the Aida stage, just remember your vocalist of a sister missionary! Yahoo! I have vowed I am exempt from participating in the musical numbers for the rest of the MTC, but alas since my collega is the music director, don't know if I will be able to avoid! We get new Italian missionaries next week! What fun!
Oh and the other night, Sorella Camp totally slept talked in ITALIAN! The funniest part is that I woke up and had a conversation with her. She said, "Collega," I said "what" She said "ho bisogno" (which means "I need...") and I said do you need some medicine? Do you need a hug? (naturally my first instinct :)) she woke up at that moment and was like "sorella Nilson, who are you talking to?" sorella oakes and I busted up laughing cuz, we were like "collega you were totally talking in ITALIAN in your sleep!" She didn't remember any of it! We are so proud our italian is sinking in!
MY Jos and JAke! you are here by the most incredibly talented people ALIVE!!!!!! All i hear is about how great you are! You are going to broadway! I shall be your manager when I get back... hold off having your rise to fame until then alright??? Never in my life have I wanted to See Aida more that I want to at this moment! Mom, is someone going to really video tape the whole thing? I submit this needs to be done!
Well This week we got to teach silvana and ivo again! They came! Once more Ivo did not want to participate. We went into Silvana and told her we were going to try and invite him to join. We went outside and asked him to come in. He had brought a book about Italy and what else.. a WHOLE LASAGNA! Silvana had made us a WHOLE LASANGNA and somehow got it into the MTC! (It was pure bliss... can NOT wait for italy and to be freed from cod nuggets forever!) So for most of our lesson we were talking about Italy again. At the end though, Ivo got pretty serious. Although he is not a member he knows that the gospel brings peace to families. He told us to embrace the italian language and culture, and to most importantly have courage. Silvana told us to just open our mouths, even if we can only bear a simple testimony, people will feel our spirits. We told them that we knew with God, all things are possible. Well, It was a great experience. We aren't the best teachers in the world yet, because we should have taught more, but we didn't really feel it was right, our trust we built up with Ivo was just so fragile. They can't come next week, and when Ivo found out he was really sad, and said well then we will be here the next week! It really taught me that you have to be patient with investigators. I want so badly for Ivo to just listen because that is all silvana wants! OH she is an angel! She just wants him to know what she knows so they can be sealed. She said the most beautiful prayer at the end. AH being a missionary is THE BEST! I know I'll get better so I never let any opportunities to bear my testimony slip by!
Elder and Sister Claudio Zivic came yesterday to talk to us. Sister Zivic gave us a list of "mother's counsel" to missionaries- I thought of you mom!- She said that In everything you do remember... "Love is the motive, obedience is the price, Faith is the power, and Christ is the Reason" I think that will become my moto to my mission! It was amazing... I don't know how we get so lucky to be spiritually fed by such amazing people every sunday and tuesday!
Well I love you all so much! Little girls, and Jake and Jos, good luck with school! Can't believe it's starting! I love you times a million and I love being a Missionary!
Ciao for now,
Sorella Nilson

No comments:

Post a Comment