Thursday, October 6, 2011

What a week!

OH goodness my family!
Ciao, Ciao, Ciao! Where do I even start! This week has been so busy and so eventful! Conference.... AMAZING!! Send me the english esign asap cuz, I'm sure it will be even more amazing when I can understand everything :)! I have truly come to have the strongest testimony of the importance and blessing of a living prophet! There are so many people here that don't believe we have a living prophet! Some of the people we have taught don?t believe it! After watching conference, HOW COULD YOU NOT!!! Heavenly father loves us so much there is no way he would just stop talking to us! We have a prophet! And what an amazing leader he is!
This leads me into talking about Claudia. She is doing SOO good. She watched conference and just couldn?t get over the story President Monson told about the 5$ bill. She laughed and laughed and she said she loved how he prayed. When we taught her yesterday, she listed all the miracles she has seen in her life ever since she started meeting with us. She is so happy, and even asked "so when am I getting baptized??!!" What! Perfect! She is awesome, She knows that this is the way to change her life. How awesome it is to see how the gospel brings happiness to people! WOW!
We are also teaching a woman named Kerly right now. We met her last thursday, she is a friend of a New Convert (our ward members are amazing missionaries!) Kerly is a mom from Equador and is her working. She takes care of a woman with Alzheimers. We taught Kerly the first lesson on Thursday. Through tears in her eyes she told us she wanted to change her life. We gave her a book of mormon in Spanish, and left her with a pamphlet about the church and set up an appointment to meet her on saturday. When we came back on saturday, She had read the pamphlet twice, AND Was in 1 Nephi 16!!! As of yesterday, she is at the end of 2nd Nephi. WHAT?? Miracles, I tell you Miracles! Heavenly Father wants his children to come to him and How grateful I am to see Kerly recognize this. We have planned her baptism for the 30th!
The mission certainly is a rollercoaster of emotions. One minute you are just down because you have the most precious message in the world and no one wants to listen to it. Or they listen, but then don't believe it! It just makes you so stinking sad, cuz you know it would bless their lives. But then you have lessons with people like Claudia and Kerly and you hear them say their first prayers ever, and hear them try to describe the feelings they have had (the spirit) and You are the happiest ever!
I had my first experience with being fed on the mission this week. Monday, we had a lunch appointment... I was laughing hysterically as everything everyone has always said was true. The minute you finish something, your plate is full again!! But oh... was it delicious, pasta with pesto, turkey, salad, homemade gelato! the works!! Then we went to do family night at a new converts house and she was like "Suprise, I made dinner!"... They are from equador... We had the most delicious meat, rice, and vegetable dinner... but I have never seen a mountain of food like that in my LIFE! I was about a third done and was completely stuffed... but alas you gotta mangia (eat in italian) so mangio I did! And I am proud to say that I have eaten more tomatoes in the last week than I have in my whole life, you just gotta eat what they put on your plate! Embrace! The members are amazing and soooo sweet to us!
I am happy and certainly love being a missionary! I am still getting used to city life... but oh how I love teaching the gospel! Today for p-day we went to a members house and made pancakes with peanut butter and everything! It was so fantastic! Thanks for your love and support!
Love you all times a million! Sad to be hearing about halloween! I'm gonna be a missionary this year I decided... he he!
Ciao for now,
S.lla Nilson

No comments:

Post a Comment