Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Verona in the Spring time...‏

Famiglia!!

Ciao tutti! Come state? Fam! I just got the news last night... I will be staying here in Verona for another transfer! I am sooo excited! I thought I would be staying here but I really wanted to stay here with Slla Laratro and guess what? We are staying together!!! I think maybe I will serve 3 transfers with every comp or something ;) I am so happy I get to stay with her. Things in Verona are just blossoming and I am glad we get to keep working together!

So this week we have been working lots! Yamilka is moving right a long and we have another appointment with her tonight. We have to move slower with her because she has really no religious back ground at all! But she is great and we are trying to fill her with the spirit and the gospel!

Saturday we went and taught a family that we met on the bus. It is a woman named Kate who has 3 beautiful children! Her husband left her 2 years ago and she hasn't heard from him since. It is sooo sad. She is working to try and support her kids. Man my heart was just filled with love for this family! The gospel is just what they need! After we had the chance to go to a members house and teach there nephew. It was soooo neat! We talked about our purpose in this life and how living the teachings of the gospel protect us from all the difficult and terrible things we encounter in this life. We had the chance to share with him the Book of Mormon and the members bore amazing testimonies of its power! It was sooo neat and the spirit was there!

I just love seeing all the little miracles that take place daily in the life of a missionary. Probably there have always been miracles in my life, I just haven't taken the time to notice them. But they are sooo apparent on the mission. For example, we have a pizza place that we love and always go to! Because my companion is so amazing she talks to even them about the gospel. So we have been little by little teaching them priciples each time we go... and guess what?? ON SUNDAY THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!! It was amazing! The entire family came! Then yesterday after 2 transfers of trying to have an appointment with a part member family we finally had one! They are the darlingest family and the mom, and 2 kids want to be baptized! MIRACLES!

This week I read the April Ensign. It was soo great. Elder Bednar wrote an article called... The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality. It is incredible.... He talks about the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ not only in making bad people good, but good people better. He shared so many examples of how we can have power through the atonement and talked about Nephi when his brothers tied him up. He said...

"It is especially interesting to me that Nephi did not pray to have his circumstances changed. Rather, he prayed for the strength to change his circumstances. And I believe he prayed in this manner precisely because he knew, understood, and had experienced the enabling power of the Atonement."

Strength to change our circumstances. That really hit me. It is so true that sometimes we have trials or have to go through hard things and they don't seem to end. But I know that through the atonement, the enabling grace of the Savior we can be strengthened. I know this is the only way we can make it through trials and as a missionary it is the only way we can do this work. Our strength alone may not be sufficent, but with the Savior we can have strength to change our circumstances and help others change their circumstances!

Well I love you all and I hope you are all doing sooo good! I can't believe Alex got his call to SPAIN! Thats incredible! My companion says the spain MTC is the best thing ever! I hope you get the chance to go to Kiawah even though I am confident it will not be as fun without me ;)

Today we are going on a tour of Verona with a family here! I am excited and will try to send pics next week okay! I love being a missionary!

Love,
Slla Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment