Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yahoo! I love being a missionary!!‏

Fam...

Okay this week has been the craziest for sure on my mission so far! And sooo fun! Okay but first... I finally got pics of seth! He looks soooo great! Oh I am sooo proud to call him my cousin! I love how huge he is next to everyone in the philipines! Ha! Jose... Good luck with finals! Jake... ap test coming up? Are you studying? Remember... Jamestown VA the 1st english colony: Settled 1607 :) Sabrina! Don't break your finger! I can't believe it! Atleast you have a cool story... catching the game winning touchdown I am sure right? Em's... I shall steal your room when I get back... it is too cool for school! Mom and dad- Be excited, I am learning how to cook lots of delicious things! We are becoming Italian when I get back okay? 

Well... so for the deets of this week! We are still teaching Yamilka... she doesn't get the Book of Mormon so we are really trying to help her understand that by reading the Book of Mormon she can strengthen her relationship with Christ. Honestly there is no better way to come closer to him then by reading it! 

We are also working hard with 2 families right now... one a part member family- teaching the mom and her 2 kids because the dad is a member and another Single Mother named Gica and her son Davide. Okay... It is awesome! We have lots of work to do but working with families is incredible because I just KNOW that they can become eternal!! I have to tell you about Gica and Davide... Gica is an eternal investigator- she has been coming to church for about 2 years now and been through lots of missionaries and had a baptisimal date. But Davide just turned 8 and he wants to be baptized. I have NEVER seen an 8 year old kid like him. He always prays for his mom to be baptized with him. We started again teaching them the 1st lesson and he told us the entire Joseph Smith story. We asked him why he wanted to be baptized... his reply "I know it is the right thing to do and I know that Heavenly father will help me and my mom even more when I am baptized!" Oh goodness... I love this little boy! I love these families! 

I also mentioned it was a little crazy... 2 examples of this are... 
1. While knocking doors we met a man named Marco who we had actually taught in the street about a month ago... Marco is obsessed with Audrey Hepburn... I mean Obsessed. We couln't go into his house because he is single, but don't worry he had photographed every part of his house and showed us the album he created... every 2 inches there is a picture of Audrey Hepburn. He also took pictures of the tv when he was watching her movies... needless to say I don't know if I can ever watch Breakfast at Tiffany's again without thinking of Marco. 
2. I taught a Profetess yesterday, Priscilla from Nigeria. She has recieved a divine calling to help and heal people. The holy spirit called her to do this work... and she has lots of followers. She was very proud of us for choosing to serve missions because she too is serving a mission. Yep it was a doozy... the thing is she believed the Joseph Smith story... because she too had been visited by Jesus. Wowzer. 


Okay BUT I have to say this: BEST PART OF THE WEEK!  I got an EMAIL from Liz from Genova!!! SHE WAS BAPTIZED THIS LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She told me how wonderful it was and that she invited her friends and family. She told me about her disire to serve a mission, about how the gospel has changed her life! I can't even express to you how happy I am for her! Honestly I love that little girl so much!!! Today I read Alma 29- All about the Joy of missionary work- Alma says "And behold when I saee many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with Joy!" I am soooo grateful for this chance to be on the front row of watching people's lives change!! The church is true!! Anyway I thought you all would be excited about that!!! 

I love you all very very much! 
Have a wonderful week! 

Slla Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment