Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just keep swimming...‏

Hey Famiglia!

How goes everything? I Hope things are going good amid the craziness! I wonder if it is possible that our family could get any busier! Hang in there each of you and everything will go good.

This week I have really learned that Heavenly Father always takes care of you. You put in what you can, try and give it your all, and he takes care of the Rest. I learned this is possible through the Atonement. As we have really been trying hard to find more people to teach it seems as if no one wants to listen. I think probably the worst thing is when they don't even take 2 seconds to hear what we have to say. But we have learned that the elect will hear our voice. And one of those Elect is Daniela.

I talked about Daniela last week. How we gave her the Book of Mormon and she started praying and she found work. Well this is what happened after that. We go to visit Daniela Friday only to find out that when she went to start her new job they informed her they picked someone else. This was after she had spent 70 euros on a bus pass to get to work everyday and it was non refundable. Litterally everything was falling apart. However this was her response, "I know this is a trial of my faith because I am trying to do the right thing." When she felt so desparate because she litterally is down to NO money and hardly any food- I'm talking she literally has potatoes, crackers and juice, she turned to the Book of Mormon. She is now is Alma and has not stopped reading and praying. As she prayed yesterday in our lesson she thanked Heavenly Father for finally introducing the Book of Mormon in her life. She told us "I don't know why for 39 years no one told me about this Book" Needless to say she is amazing. She is such an example to me. I thought I had it bad because we didn't have very many investigators and then you have someone like Daniela who is litterally being tried and tested and she hangs in there. She is progressing wonderfully and is soooo excited for her baptism. I am too!! This woman is incredible.

Another example of Heavenly Father stepping into our work was Thursday. We recieved a call from a the wife of a New Convert in our ward. They learned about the church as a family, but her Husband was the only one to get baptized. She called us thursday and told us that She is ready to get baptized and wants to be baptized with 2 of her children together. WHAT?????????? Can you say miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading in the Conference issue the talk by Elder Hales entitled "Waiting on the Lord." In his talk he describes that at times we seem to wait on the Lord and don't exactly understand why. One of my favorite parts is this.. "Even with the shining examples of Job, the prophets, and the Savior, We will still find it challenging to wait upon the Lord, especially when we cannot fully understand His plan and purposes for us. That understanding is most often given “line upon line, [and] precept upon precept.”32 In my life I have learned that sometimes I do not receive an answer to a prayer because the Lord knows I am not ready" I know this is true. Sometimes we aren't ready to recieve all that the Heavenly Father has in store for us. We must prepare ourselves and do our part and he will take care of the rest. And the most amazing part is that while we are trying to do our best, He is with us every step of the way. He doesn't come help when we have had it. He walks with us, and carries us, and then takes care of the rest. We are NEVER alone and Help and peace with always come. We were able to promise Daniela this. And she is continuing to pray and read and have so much faith.

I am soooo grateful for these amazing people I have the chance to meet. THese miracles certainly overpower all the rejections we get as missionaries! I know Heavenly Father Loves us. I know that through the Atonement we can have to strength to face anything and everything, and that we have a Savior who understands us perfectly! I love you all soooo much thanks for your emails and support! Keep reading, praying, and going to the temple- I PROMISE it will help you all in everything you do!

Molto amounts of amore! From your sis and daughter,
Slla Nilson



No comments:

Post a Comment